[Michlib-l] Coronaviris on Books

Stanczak, Cindy cstanczak at albionlibrary.org
Sat Mar 14 09:26:19 EDT 2020

We've been very happy with our Zappbug unit, which comes in a variety of
sizes.  We were considering this option, as well.  However, I haven't found
anything conclusive about temperature and time.  I've seen various articles
with temperatures ranging between 140F to 170F, which is the upper
temperature shown in the Zappbug manual.  I haven't found any good
information on how long we should keep materials at that temperature for
effectiveness, and I have no idea if it would potentially damage the
materials, like DVD covers and vinyl or polyester book covers.  If you
learn more, please let me know?

Cynthia Stanczak, MLS
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.*