[Michlib-l] COVID-19 Closure Question

Oscar DeLong oscar.delong at baycollege.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:34:00 EDT 2020

I have been asked to check with other Michigan Library Directors, especially those from Community Colleges, to find out how you are handling your response to COVID-19.  Our response is being handled by the President’s Advisory Council (PAC), of which the library is not a part.  As such, they have no input for how libraries are handling the process during their meetings.  I have been emailing my supervisor updates that I find from MLA, information about suspected cases in our area and summaries of responses that I am finding (especially from the survey that has been circulating).  Now I have been asked to explicitly find out what all of you are doing.  I know that Governor Whitmer has issued an order No. 2020-9 today, that states Libraries and Museums in it, but PAC believes that it does not apply to community colleges if they restrict access to only students.  As such, I am asking all of you what your take is and what you are doing in response.

Thank you,
Oscar