[Michlib-l] Beginning Workshop is Cancelled

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Wed Mar 18 09:33:55 EDT 2020

Greetings.

In accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we will<https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98163-521463--,00.html> be canceling/postponing  the Beginning Workshop scheduled for May 13-15, 2020 at Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, Michigan.

The state is taking proactive steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in reducing the coronavirus risk to Michigan residents.

For current and up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus visit http://www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus<http://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus>  or http://www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus<http://www.cdc.gov/Coronavirus>.

If your library needs staff attendance at Beginning Workshop in order for your library to receive state aid in fiscal year 2021, please review State Aid to Public Libraries Application Process<https://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/State_Aid_to_Public_Libraries_Application_Process_544008_7.pdf> for information on submitting a waiver request. We will also be contacting libraries that find themselves in this situation and are happy to answer any questions on the certification process.  The 2021 Beginning Workshop is scheduled May 12-14, 2021 at the Shanty Creek Resort and Spa.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Consultant
Library of Michigan
atkine at michigan.gov<mailto:atkine at michigan.gov>