[Michlib-l] Shout Out to Cadillac Wexford PL! - Great local resources for supporting their community during COVID-19

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Tue Mar 31 12:29:24 EDT 2020

I wanted to be sure and send a shout out highlighting the work being done by the Cadillac Wexford Public Libraries on maintaining local support resources for their community on the library website. As we know libraries are a trusted resource that community members look to for support, help and assistance during uncertain times.  Just because you may be closed to the public your virtual services are still available.

https://www.cadillaclibrary.org/covid-19-local-info-for-dealing-with-the-pandemic

Cadillac Wexford PL has really stepped up to the plate and not only provided links to relevant about their closure and circulation changes, but they are also maintaining links to help support their community members with information about food pantries, local testing, community donations, local school meals, meals for the general public, local shopping hours, and more.

If you are also digging deep and using your library to communicate these local support networks and connections via your website and other communication channels, we would love for you to share.  Cadillac Wexford was just one that I noticed early on getting this customized information out to the public.  Kudos to Tracy Logan and the staff at Cadillac Wexford PL.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>

Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/LibraryofMich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>