[Michlib-l] League of Women Voters of Michigan Print Voter Guides

Tera Moon moontera at btpl.org
Wed May 20 13:35:29 EDT 2020

Hello MichLib -

I'm writing on behalf of the League of Women Voters of Michigan, but I'm also a librarian.  The League of Women Voters produces a print and online voter guide with nonpartisan information on candidates running for offices from president of the US to local school boards.  The League is preparing for the November election and would like your input on distribution of these print guides.

Usually, libraries have been prime distribution points for the print voter guides.  The League has partnered with RIDES and local League of Women Voters groups to deliver guides to libraries.  Because of public health concerns, libraries' role in that distribution is in question this year in light of library closures and an uncertain future.

At this point, I'm taking the temperature of the Michigan library land:  If your library is open and it is feasible to do so, would you want to receive and distribute printed voter guides this fall?

Please reply to me off-list.  Again this is just to gauge the feeling of the group so I can report back to the League.

Thanks a bunch for your consideration,

Tera Moon
Assistant Library Director
Bloomfield Township Public Library