[Michlib-l] Friends of Michigan Libraries Virtual Learning Opportunity Nov 12

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Wed Nov 4 07:57:27 EST 2020

Ask, Listen, Plan: The Friends of Michigan Libraries (FOML) is pleased to offer a virtual learning opportunity on November 12th to engage with other Michigan Friends in a discussion focused on how Friends are finding their way forward during the pandemic.

Join us as we discuss some key issues that challenge our service to the library and how we can move on with strength and dedication as Friends help their community libraries during this difficult time. Open the attached bulletin for details and tell others to join us for this opportunity to Ask, Listen, Plan.

Join us on Thursday, November 12 from 10:00 a.m.-noon or 6:00-8:00 p.m. for a MEMBERS ONLY virtual open-share discussion. If you join today, your membership will be extended through 2021. If you are a current member, click on a link to register for the session of your choice. For membership information visit our website http://foml.org/membership/

Thursday, Nov. 12 2020, 10 am: https://fomlevents.org/events/friends-finding-our-way-forward-2020-10am-session/
Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020:, 6 pm: https://fomlevents.org/events/friends-finding-our-way-forward-2020-6pm-session/

Topics for discussion:

* What is the current status of your Friends group?
* Inactive (wanting to recruit members)
* Active (waiting for the library to reopen for Friends activities)
* Active (currently offering Friends activities)
* Is your group meeting virtually or in person?
* Are you trying to recruit new members? If so, how?
* Are you fundraising during the pandemic? If so, how?
* How can Friends adapt to become more effective?