[Michlib-l] Gigabit Libraries Friday, Nov 6 Webinar Series -- 11am ET Registration Info

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Wed Nov 4 08:42:11 EST 2020

Gigabit Libraries Friday Webinar Series: What is a Library if the Building is Closed?
As we explore: internet access, digital services, physical materials & social infrastructure, Round Three: "Libraries in Recovery"
Friday, November 6 at 11am ET our title for this week is Whither We Goest?

We will feature the following speakers:

  *   Blair Levin, Sr. Fellow at Brookings Institute, former FCC Chief of Staff and head of the FCC's 2009 National Broadband Plan
  *   John Windhausen, Executive Director of the Schools, Health and Libraries Broadband Coalition

Join as these two long time DC insiders help us look ahead to a post-election environment. What will be the significance of the vote totals? What's the outlook for a new broadband stimulus program to finally connect all the nation's libraries? What can libraries and other anchor institutions do to advance their cause in the national policy realm?

Register for this free webinar from Gigabit Libraries at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/part-27-libraries-in-recovery-whither-we-goest-tickets-127895209013

Recordings for all the Gigabit Friday webinars are available on this page of their website: http://giglibraries.net/page-1712339

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>