[Michlib-l] FREE MAP Postcards: Last Call!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Nov 4 09:15:13 EST 2020

All,

One final reminder that your orders for the FREE, QR coded, shrink wrapped in packages of 100, delivered via RIDES, or TLN delivery, or mail for non-TLN or non-RIDES libraries, MAP postcards, are due this Friday, November 6.

[ https://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20postcard%20pdf.pdf | https://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20postcard%20pdf.pdf ]

Library cooperative directors, please share this email with your member libraries. Thank you.

The response from libraries to date has been incredible. To wit, as of this morning we have received requests for MAP postcards from 136 libraries! Some larger libraries have requested quantities in the thousands. That's great! It also means we will likely do a second print run of the MAP postcards, which could result in a slight delay in your receipt of the material. So your patience in this regard is much appreciated.

Requests for MAP postcards have come from libraries in every corner of the state, from Bedford Township (Monroe County Library System) to Carp Lake Township (Ontonogan County). Carp Lake Township Library serves a population of 722 and as of 2018 had 225 registered cardholders [ https://librarytechnology.org/libraries/imls/19487 | https://librarytechnology.org/libraries/imls/19487 ] And they have requested a pack of MAP postcards!!! Imagine if we could get coverage like this in every Michigan library, ie one MAP postcard in the hands of every other registered cardholder. MAP usage would take off like nobody's business. Hats off to Carp Lake Township Library [ https://www.facebook.com/Carp-Lake-Township-Library-1518532961711921/ | https://www.facebook.com/Carp-Lake-Township-Library-1518532961711921/ ] By golly, if Carp Lake Township Library can do it, so can you!

Again, please send me your requests for the FREE MAP postcards by this Friday, November 6.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim F.

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager