[Michlib-l] Larry Martin presents WWII In Their Own Words

Thom Mackie tmackie at whitelakelibrary.org
Mon Nov 30 11:46:45 EST 2020

Hello Fellow Librarians,

We hosted a marvelous program at the White Lake Township Library: Larry
Martin’s* WWII In Their Own Words* featuring Colin McKenzie who served
aboard the USS Pennsylvania at Pearl Harbor.  It is a truly fascinating and
humbling experience to be able to hear wartime stories told from memory.

Mr. Martin is extremely knowledgeable about WWII and military history and
passionate about ensuring the stories of our veterans do not fade from
memory.  He has spent the better part of two decades interviewing veterans
and showing those interviews at libraries, allowing attendees to hear the
stories of our men and women-in-arms firsthand.

Our present time of virtual programming has expanded his abilities to reach
modern audiences since he is no longer required to travel to the library to
present these stories.  He is excited to be able to use virtual
environments to present this work to libraries around the country.

To contact Larry Martin to host a program, his email is batt.chief at yahoo.com
.

You can also learn more about his work at his website, https://lmww2.com/

Thom Mackie, WHTL Librarian