[Michlib-l] Library by appointment

Angela Badke angelab at kbic-nsn.gov
Tue Oct 6 11:41:20 EDT 2020

Hi All!
My library is currently offering curbside services only, but my tribe (we're a tiny tribal library!) is asking about possibly going to by-appointment only to allow patrons to come in to use the computers and briefly browse. For those libraries currently, or previously, offering by-appointment only entrance into your buildings, I hoped you could answer some questions:

1. What are you doing/how are you handling making appointments? Do patrons call in, set up an appointment online, use an app, etc.?
2. How long are your appointment times? How long in between appointment sessions?
3. Cleaning in between appointments? Or, just scheduled times (multiple) each day?
4. Do you offer appointments for computers only, with patrons being allowed to quickly browse stacks "as normal."? Or, are you offering for both browsing and computer use?
5. Any challenges that you've found doing by-appointment only? (Other than not being able to let people in when they want to come in).

Thank you all so much for any help!
Angela

Library Director
Ojibwa Community Library