[Michlib-l] Interim Director of the William P. Faust Public Library of Westland

Reed, Nyama N.Reed at wfblibrary.org
Thu Oct 8 18:11:29 EDT 2020

Congratulations to my best friend, Jennifer Roth, on being named Interim Director of the William P. Faust Public Library of Westland.

October 6, 2020 - The Westland Library Board has appointed Jennifer Roth to serve as the interim Library Director, which was recently vacated by previous director, Ishwar Laxminarayan, who served from June 2018 to September 2020 and resigned earlier this month citing personal reasons. Roth's appointment is effective as of October 5, 2020.

Prior to her appointment, Roth served for three years as the Head of Information Services for the Westland Public Library. She has over 17 years in the field of library services, having formerly worked in libraries in Flint and Hartland. Roth graduated from Wayne State University with a Masters Degree in Library Information Science (MILS) in 2003. She is a member of the American Library Association as well as the Michigan Library Association, where she serves on the Planning Committee.

"I am excited for Jennifer as she steps into her new role at the Westland Library," commented Mayor Wild. "Throughout her employment she truly excelled at increasing innovation and access to technology for library patrons and has expanded programming geared towards adults of all ages."

Roth was selected unanimously by the Westland Library Board and was also highly recommended for the position by the former Library Director.

"I am excited to take on this new position," commented Roth. "It has been an honor to be involved in the progress at the library over the past three years and I look forward to continuing that progress alongside our talented staff as we continue to navigate through these challenging times."

Sincerely,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Reed (she / her / hers)
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)

[1578493400719]

Our Mission
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.