[Michlib-l] How did I get connected to Amazon, Hulu, and Kanopy at my public library?

Jolene mackinaw3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:11:32 EDT 2020

If you are using Google, there is an extension called "library extension"
that came out a few years ago.
It connects to those resources but I don't think it uses your personal card
information.  It just tells you if the library has the item you are
shopping for.

Your issue might be something similar.  I'd look at your browser
extensions. Just to be sure.

Jolene Michaels, Director
Mackinaw Area Public Library

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:45 PM Robert P. Holley via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> I've already asked Anne Hage, Huntington Woods Public Library Director
> about this; but she told me she didn't have an answer.
>
> I've discovered that Amazon, Hulu, and Kanopy are somehow connected to my
> public library account. A search for an item on Amazon pulls up a box that
> shows Amazon availability and Hulu availability for ebooks. From the number
> of copies, I'm assuming that this is linked to The Library Network.  I have
> access to Kanopy on Roku, which I also believe is tied to a library
> account. The screen indicates that I have ten films available each month.
> At least I think this is true since "9" changed to "10" when September
> started. Kanopy access is particularly surprising since I struggled several
> times without success to implement the complex procedures to get this
> service available on Roku as well as my computer.
>

> As far as I know, I never asked for this access though I find it very
> useful. Always a curious person, I'd like to know how this good thing
> happened.
>

> Thanks for any explanation.
>

> Take care; be safe; stay healthy; hope for a vaccine.
>
> Bob
>

> Dr. Robert P. Holley
>
> Professor Emeritus, Wayne State University
>
> 13303 Borgman Avenue
>
> Huntington Woods, MI  48070-1005
>
> email: aa3805 at wayne.edu
>
> phone: 248-547-0306