[Michlib-l] How did I get connected to Amazon, Hulu, and Kanopy at my public library?

Robert P. Holley aa3805 at wayne.edu
Fri Sep 11 13:42:36 EDT 2020

I've already asked Anne Hage, Huntington Woods Public Library Director about this; but she told me she didn't have an answer.

I've discovered that Amazon, Hulu, and Kanopy are somehow connected to my public library account. A search for an item on Amazon pulls up a box that shows Amazon availability and Hulu availability for ebooks. From the number of copies, I'm assuming that this is linked to The Library Network.  I have access to Kanopy on Roku, which I also believe is tied to a library account. The screen indicates that I have ten films available each month. At least I think this is true since "9" changed to "10" when September started. Kanopy access is particularly surprising since I struggled several times without success to implement the complex procedures to get this service available on Roku as well as my computer.

As far as I know, I never asked for this access though I find it very useful. Always a curious person, I'd like to know how this good thing happened.

Thanks for any explanation.

Take care; be safe; stay healthy; hope for a vaccine.

Bob

Dr. Robert P. Holley

Professor Emeritus, Wayne State University

13303 Borgman Avenue

Huntington Woods, MI  48070-1005

email: aa3805 at wayne.edu

phone: 248-547-0306