[Michlib-l] Reporter seeks help -- library story for the Detroit Free Press

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Sat Sep 19 15:18:52 EDT 2020

If you would like to connect with the Detroit Free Press reporter, Karen Dybis, regarding her interest in library’s response during COVID, please use the contact information here:

Karen Dybis
Freelance reporter
The Detroit Free Press
kdybis at gmail.com<mailto:kdybis at gmail.com>

Hello!

My name is Karen Dybis, and I am a freelance reporter working on a story listing how libraries are helping their patrons during the coronavirus. This story is going to run in the Detroit Free Press, most likely in the first week of October.

I'd love to hear about what libraries are doing and why -- how are they helping patrons solve problems or figure out how to get things done during the past six months? For example, the Berkley Public Library is helping patrons with 10 pages of free printing and the Baldwin library is helping with free online tutoring.

I'd love to have my request sent out to Michigan libraries via a listserve if that is possible -- a librarian friend suggested I reach out to you. If you want to know more, we can schedule a telephone call to talk about it. Thank you for your time and consideration!

As background, I am a library fan, local-history author and long-time freelance reporter. I formerly worked for one of the daily Detroit newspapers but have been freelancing for more than 15 years now.

Sincerely,
Karen Dybis
Freelance reporter
The Detroit Free Press

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/LibraryofMich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>