[Michlib-l] Financial assistance is available to attend Fall Institute for Youth Services and MLA 2020 Virtual Conference - Scholarship apps are due Friday!

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Tue Sep 22 17:01:40 EDT 2020

The countdown is on for MLA’s Fall Institute for Youth Services<https://www.milibraries.org/spring-institute>, this October 27, and MLA 2020 Virtual Conference<https://www.milibraries.org/annual-conference>, October 28-29.

We are excited to gather virtually with the Michigan library community next month and we don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to attend because of financial reasons.
MLA provides close to $10,000 annually for librarians and support staff at any Michigan library to attend MLA events. There are two specific funds that provide scholarships – the MLA Education Fund and the MLA/MALC Academic Library Fund. Individual members of MLA are eligible for MLA Education Fund and MLA/MALC Academic Library Fund scholarships.
Scholarship applications are due this Friday, September 25. The application forms are very short and simple!
Don't miss out on attending MLA 2020 Virtual Conference or Fall Institute for Youth Services! If you need financial support to attend, learn more and apply online: https://www.milibraries.org/scholarships-2

Continuing education stipends are also available through the Library of Michigan Library Continuing Education Program. (Our thanks to Karren Reish for this info!)
Michigan public, academic and school library staff are eligible to apply for funds to attend MLA 2020 Virtual or Fall Institute. Applications are due September 30.
View complete program details, eligibility and criteria, and apply: https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,9327,7-381-88855_89737-359559--,00.html

Visit the MLA website to learn more about MLA 2020 Virtual Conference and Fall Institute for Youth Services and register today! Early Bird Rates expire Friday, September 25.
https://www.milibraries.org/annual-conference
https://www.milibraries.org/spring-institute

[Web Icon resized]
Rachel Ash