[Michlib-l] Required to sell weeded items

jshirtz at uproc.lib.mi.us jshirtz at uproc.lib.mi.us
Fri Sep 25 13:05:12 EDT 2020

Greetings Libraryland!

We're at the end of a large weeding project (thousands of items) and our
City Council (governing body) requires those items to be placed on bid to
the public prior to disposal. Our current method relies on having an
in-person sale/bid, which won't be happening for a while, and all of the
weeded books are boxed and stored offsite.

If your library is required to make items available for purchase prior to
disposal what is your method for doing so? Or if you have suggestions we
can try, I am all ears. I'm looking for alternate solutions to propose to
my City Council for both while gathering is restricted and also for in the
future.

Thank you very much for your help! All replies may be sent to
jshirtz at uproc.lib.mi.us. I'll share compiled results in a few days.

Sincerely,
Jesse

Jessica Shirtz