[Michlib-l] MLA Scholarship apps, Fall Institute Early Bird and Early Bird Rates and Group package registration for MLA 2020 Virtual expire today!

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Fri Sep 25 13:57:41 EDT 2020

Hello to everyone in library land!

Wanted to send a note because we have lots of deadlines today at MLA!

Today is the last day for MLA organizational members to register for group packages to attend MLA 2020 Virtual, individual registration early bird rates expire for MLA 2020 Virtual and the Fall institute for Youth Services Preconference, AND scholarship applications to attend either MLA 2020 or Fall Institute are due today!

The conference work groups have truly gone above and beyond this year and we are really proud to unveil our virtual conferences next month. Since these events are online, we are able to offer affordable registration rates as well as group packages for our organizational members in our effort to make MLA 2020 as inclusive as possible and open the opportunity for more library staff to attend.

With many of us still adjusting to virtual events, if you're still on the fence about investing in a virtual conference, we want to reiterate that we are committed to making this a valuable educational (and inspirational, and fun) experience to rival an in-person event -and we have made every effort to make attendance affordable. Our rates are much lower than an in-person event, if you need financial assistance we offer scholarships with a super simple and short application form, and the Library of Michigan's Library Continuing Education Program does offer funds to support attendance at virtual events.

PLUS, both Fall institute and MLA 2020 Virtual offer even more educational opportunities this year because registered attendees will have exclusive access to all session recordings to be viewed on-demand after the conference.
This is the last day to take advantage of Group Registration packages- give us a call or email MLA at milibraries.org<mailto:MLA at milibraries.org> if you need assistance with the registration process!

And if you need financial support to attend, please submit a scholarship application! Learn more and apply online: https://www.milibraries.org/scholarships-2

Learn more about MLA 2020 Virtual: https://www.milibraries.org/annual-conference
Fall Institute: https://www.milibraries.org/annual-conference

I look forward to seeing you virtually next month.

If you have any questions- please don't hesitate to reach out to MLA staff!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Rachel

Rachel Ash