[Michlib-l] What libraries have opened to the public ? Fully? No Appointments? Are doing Saturdays yet? Or are you not planning to open fully anytime soon

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Sep 29 16:00:32 EDT 2020

*         You are not liable for contact tracing - that would be the health department's job.

*         We do not limit. We found that we are about 40% slower than normal, so have no real crowding issues. We did figure out the maximum number of people we wanted in each area, so the staff would know if it got crowded in their area, they could do a head count and then limit the numbers going into that area. This has never happened. We also cut our computer time allotment from 2 to 1 hour.

*         Our patrons love curbside and have adjusted the circulation department to continue this service. We do not see this ever going away.

*         We cut back from 55 to 40 hours per week, including 10-2 on Saturday. We are going to add back the regular weekend hours beginning next year (sat 10-5 and sun 12-5), as long as all goes well.

*         We ask all our patrons to hand sanitize prior to going into the stacks, and of course everyone has to wear a mask over their mouth and nose.

*         We quarantine all incoming materials for 96 hours.

Val Meyerson
Petoskey District Library