[Michlib-l] What libraries have opened to the public ? Fully? No Appointments? Are doing Saturdays yet? Or are you not planning to open fully anytime soon

Leslie Makela lmakela at uproc.lib.mi.us
Tue Sep 29 16:30:25 EDT 2020

.         The Health Department handles contact tracing, if necessary.

.         We do not limit capacity. We are steadily busy, but not nearly as
busy as we would normally be so overcrowding is not an issue.

.         Seating is limited so that all patrons choosing to sit down to
read or work on their laptops are at least 6-feet apart. We did leave 2
chairs at each table so that family members could sit together. For example,
we have a teen brother and sister who come in after school to do homework.
They sit together at a table.

.         We have 4 public computers available by appointment with a
one-hour time limit. We do accept walk-ins for computers if any are
available. We have yet to fill all 4 machines at once. We normally offer ten
stations.

.         Patrons are asked to sanitize their hands before entering plus
multiple stations are set up around the library. All patrons medically able
to tolerate a mask are required to wear one. We have only had 2 patrons who
are unable to wear one since opening to the public on June 25th. Everyone
has been extremely respectful. Honestly, they are just thankful that we are
open.

.         We are still closed on Saturdays. Our Board is just now asking if
we are ready to re-open for those few hours. Our normal Saturday hours are
10-1. I will be suggesting we wait until the first of the year. Nobody is
complaining and as wonderful as everyone has been, the way we have to do
things now is mentally exhausting. Not having to work on Saturdays is
appreciated by the staff.

Leslie Makela

Forsyth Township Public Library