[Michlib-l] Hudson Library .... Carnegie repair questions

Joann Simmons justjoann_hudsonlibrary at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 13:42:10 EDT 2020

The Hudson Carnegie District Library has returned to curbside pickup only.  We are all well.  Our ceiling above the circulation desk decided to fall on Sundayevening while no one was here, thankfully.  We now have cracks creeping out to the restof the ceiling area.  Does anyone who is in a Carnegie Building have any recommendationson companies that do correct repairs to these buildings?  I get that we may not get the originalcement board back up there, but would like to have someone who has knowledge in this area to help us out.  Also, are there any grants or helpful ideas as to paying for these kind of repairs. We are insured but we are opening up options so as things hit us (deny us) we can deal with it.Thank you so much for any input you may offer.
Let's not talk about bats...maybe they will begin hibernating soon!!!

Joann Simmons

Director

Hudson Carnegie District Library (zv170)

205 S. Market St.

Hudson MI 49247

517-448-3801

director at hudsoncdl.org