[Michlib-l] Discomfort with Wednesday post about "neutrality"

Amelia Nolan anolan at sjcity.com
Thu Apr 22 11:05:02 EDT 2021

Karyn, I would like to thank you for posting your concerns to the listserv that many of us share about the profession becoming too political. I think the fact that many emailed you privately but were afraid to put their names out there speaks volumes.

Activism isn't our calling but instead we should continue to provide the public with equal access to information of all stripes and to treat all people with dignity and respect. I believe that is what makes libraries such vital places in a democracy and makes me proud to be in this profession.

Amy Nolan

Children's Services Supervisor

St. Joseph Public Library

269-983-7167