[Michlib-l] UPDATED JOB POSTING-PT GROSSE POINTE PUBLIC LIBRARY

Kimberly Hart khart at grossepointelibrary.org
Tue Apr 27 13:47:19 EDT 2021

[Logo]
Job Posting

The mission of the Grosse Pointe Public Library is to Expand Learning, Inspire Creativity and Connect our Community. Are you our next great Librarian? Here is your opportunity to work at a great library with a fun staff.  Join our team to provide top quality reference and reader's advisory service for all ages at a busy reference desk.

Job Title:                             Part-Time Librarian (19 hour) Ewald or Woods Branch
Reports to:                          Branch Manager

Job Responsibilities:

*         Provide reference and reader's advisory to patrons, through use of print and electronic resources

*         Provide patron assistance and instruction in the use of library computers, catalog, electronic resources, digital downloads and Wi-Fi

*         Monitor and assist patrons and program presenters with use of meeting room and equipment, when necessary

*         Provide excellent customer service to the public

*         Work positively and collaboratively with diverse audiences and colleagues to accomplish Library goals

*         Supervise library environment to maintain safety and fair enforcement of library policies

*         Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

*                     Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from ALA accredited university.

*                     Strong written and verbal communication skills.

*                     Ability to work effectively with public, and library staff.

*                     Working knowledge of reference and electronic sources.

*                     Strong public service orientation.

*                     Excellent public service skills.

*                     Knowledge of internet and computer related technology

*                     Flexible schedule, with the ability to work some nights and weekends.

Starting Salary: $24.86 per hour

Deadline to Apply: Monday May 10, 2021
Grosse Pointe Public Library is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.

Please send or email resume with cover sheet to:
Personnel Department
Grosse Pointe Public Library
10 Kercheval Avenue
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
khart at grossepointelibrary.org<mailto:khart at grossepointelibrary.org>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D73B6B.D7245160]KIM HART
OPERATIONS MANAGER
313.343.2325

Expand learning, inspire creativity
and connect our community