[Michlib-l] Hotspots

Cynthia Stanczak director at albionlibrary.org
Tue Dec 28 10:34:38 EST 2021

We purchased a spare device so that we could shut off service to those who
weren't returned and activate the spare to put immediately into service.
We're rarely without someone waiting for our now 19-strong collection, so
being able to at least put some back into service helps.  How many spares
you have would be a decision based on the size of your collection.

Also, we find, for the most part, our system's email or text courtesy
notices, the $100 replacement fee and immediate stop to borrowing, and us
turning the hotspot into a paperweight (stopping service to the device),
helps bring the large majority of them back to us.

Cynthia Stanczak, MLS (she/her)
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.*