[Michlib-l] Libraries Transforming Communities grant

Stair Library stairlibrary at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:00:00 EST 2021

Hello all!

Stair District Library started off 2021 with fantastic news. We are one of
200 libraries selected to receive a grant through Libraries Transforming
Communities (LTC): Focus on Small & Rural Libraries
<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/focusgrants>,
an initiative of the American Library Association (ALA).

ALA recently opened a second round of LTC applications, and I highly
encourage you to apply!

LTC: Focus on Small & Rural Libraries
<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/focusgrants>
is a grant for those of us in small and rural communities to get funding to
help us address issues of concern in our communities.

Participating libraries receive training in how to lead conversations
through a free ALA e-course
<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/online-learning>
 on basic facilitation skills; host at least one conversation (in-person or
virtual) with community members on a chosen topic; and receive $3,000 to
support community engagement efforts. Grant funds may cover a range of
expenses, including staff time and collections and technology purchases.

For our grant, we will lead discussions related to the recent closure of
our award-winning community newspaper. The title of our discussion series
is “Extra! Extra! Read All About It!...But Where?”

ALA has 450 more grants to give out in this second round! You can read more
about the project in this press release
<http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2021/01/ala-awards-community-engagement-grants-200-smallrural-libraries-invites>
or in the project guidelines
<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/focusgrants/guidelines>.
Applications close on March 4.

Let me know if you have any questions about the application process and
I’ll happily lend you some insight. You can also email
publicprograms at ala.org with any questions.

It's a great opportunity; I hope you apply!

Colleen
Colleen Leddy, Director
Stair District Library
228 W. Main St.