[Michlib-l] Join Us this Thursday (2-11-21) @ 7pm.

David Conklin dconklin at thegdl.org
Wed Feb 10 14:15:19 EST 2021

For 19 years, the Genesee District Library has hosted an annual Black History Month Brunch.  In the past it has been a morning of inspiring speeches, lively conversation, good food and great entertainment.

More importantly, it has been an opportunity for Genesee District Library to recognize local people and organizations who are doing important work in our community, by honoring them with the Award of Excellence or the Partner in Progress Award.

As you may have concluded, due to Covid-19, we are not able to host an in-person Brunch this year.  So, instead, we have partnered with ABC12(Flint) to produce a televised 20th Anniversary Black History Month Celebration.  In this program we will hear from former honorees and be treated to performances by Linkin' Bridge and Voices of Service.

The 20th Anniversary Black History Celebration will be aired on Thursday, February 11 @ 7 p.m. on ABC12.  For people who do not have access to ABC12, it will be streamed simultaneously on Facebook and YouTube.  However, don't miss the simulcast because due to licensing restrictions, a recording will not be available later.

Here are the links:

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/45467758516/posts/10158353318573517/

YouTube