[Michlib-l] door/people counters

Laura Hauch - Buchanan District Library laura.hauch at buchananlibrary.com
Thu Feb 18 12:26:59 EST 2021

Hello all, I am asking again if anyone has information to share about people counters. I had more requests for sharing info than actual info shared. I'm aware of the zoom presentation by SenSource coming up next week. Does anyone use anyone/anything else?
We're interested along the whole spectrum. We used to have an infrared interrupt the beam sort of counter until it stopped working, and currently we use a manual clicker where staff click for each person coming in the doors. If your library counts patron visits, how do you do it? If you have a machine/service, what type/brand do you use and how much did/does it cost?
I will share results with the listserv. Thanks for your time!

Laura Hauch
Collection and IT Coordinator
Buchanan District Library
128 East Front Street