[Michlib-l] MeL Webinars + Recording links

Breed, Liz (MDE) BreedL at michigan.gov
Mon Jan 25 07:47:24 EST 2021

Here is the list of MeL webinars coming over the next two weeks. Recording links for previous webinars are noted below.

Upcoming Webinars
New Year, New You: EBSCO Legal and Financial Health eResources
Tuesday, January 26, 11:30am-12:00pm EST
Help your patrons access reliable legal and financial support resources from MeL. Learn more about connections to credit repair, estate planning, personal finance, and many other topics. Join Jason High, our EBSCO trainer, for a quick overview on how to use our eBook collections, Legal Information Reference Center (including accessing NOLO eBooks and connections to Michigan legal forms), eJournals, and more.
Registration: https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=ta9713bfaf6d9118f419601de58c4a4b1<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Febscotraining.webex.com%2Febscotraining%2Fk2%2Fj.php%3FMTID%3Dta9713bfaf6d9118f419601de58c4a4b1&data=04%7C01%7CBreedL%40michigan.gov%7Cc9a4f65b7ad74d2b625308d8b26c40ec%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C637455525307106868%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=KBJ6ScmQZoh6qyZL1xpUtb%2BHY%2FCMpcgGPGTUkV31%2FW8%3D&reserved=0>

Support Hybrid Learning with Gale

Tuesday January 26, 2020 2:00-2:30 ET

A hybrid learning environment poses a unique issue: connecting virtual and classroom instruction to keep consistency for students. In this thirty-minute session we will explore how Gale can help make that connection through LMS integration, collaboration tools (including Google Classroom) and our Highlights and Notes feature.

Registration: https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/2016075449338/WN_nGlpt6yRTEKomGgSA6iJ2A

Jumpstart Student Projects with Gale's Topic Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021, 2:00 - 2:15 PM ET

Gale's Topic Pages make starting a research project instantaneous with suggested subjects, topic overviews, and multiple content types curated on a single page. In this 15 minute session, we'll share how Topic Pages can get your students out of topic indecision and into authoritative content to support their simplest or most complex research projects.

Registration: https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/8216076529187/WN_3MVLFVMdRjWr8FAZ974Auw

Celebrate Black History Month with Gale In Context Resources
Friday, February 5, 2021, 11:00 - 11:45 AM ET
In February, we honor the central role African Americans have played in history. Many libraries use this time to educate and inspire students and their communities and your Gale In Context resources can help - libraries can easily share historical and inspiring documents, biographies, and more with a few simple tools.
Registration: https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/6416097880310/WN_Qc-D8b_1Rdeza9SYmGXsOA

Recording Links
If you missed the January 22, New Year, New You: EBSCO Wellness eResources webinar, these are the links to either stream or download the recording.

  *   Streaming recording link: https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/lsr.php?RCID=48df83ca4cae479d8bb4745b383c6030
  *   Download recording link: https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/ldr.php?RCID=de0c33f57d20ce5ab55944c43bfdbd30

Recordings for previous Gale webinars: https://support.gale.com/training/webinars/#recorded

Have a great day!
Liz

Liz Breed
Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
Library of Michigan | Michigan Department of Education
517-335-1497 | breedl at michigan.gov<mailto:breedl at michigan.gov>
www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/> | Follow MeL: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mel.org/> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/meldotorg>

[cid:image002.png at 01D6F2EE.52646DE0]