[Michlib-l] Friends Dissolution

Amber Alexander director at pidl.org
Tue Mar 23 16:06:11 EDT 2021

I have several Friends groups that do not have full Boards and a few have
questions to what happens if they were to dissolve.

I have been to the United for Libraries site and not seeing an answer to
these kind of questions.

If a Friends group dissolves, where do their funds go?  One particular group
feels that they can, as a 501, can donate to any organization they choose.
Is there anywhere I can find resources to answer these kinds of questions?

Has anyone dealt with these kind of issues?

Thanks,

Amber Alexander,MLIS

Library Director

Presque Isle District Library