[Michlib-l] Upcoming program

bellairelibrary at torchlake.com bellairelibrary at torchlake.com
Wed May 19 13:36:27 EDT 2021

Bellaire Reads welcomes poet Marlin M. Jenkins Saturday, May 22nd at 5pm
via Zoom. Please register online at https://forms.gle/B4iYDntHhXfCrhNGA
[1] or call the library to get the Zoom link. )231-533-8814)

In line with statements by poet Carl Phillips--"poetry [is] more a
transformation of experience rather than a transcription of it"-- and
poet Franny Choi--"I think my poems are almost always asking the
question: What would it look like for this world to love us back?"--this
presentation will explore poetry's power to imagine, ask, and transform.
Through a mix of the author's own work and the work of others, we'll
talk about how poetry not only helps us understand the world we live in,
but how it plays it part in (re-)shaping our world and worlds, both on
the page and beyond it.

This program is open to anyone, anywhere......registration is only
necessary to be able to send Zoom link. We only ask for a name and
email. Please feel free to share with your patrons.
--
Cindi L. Place, MLIS
Director, Bellaire Public Library
bellairelibrary at torchlake.com