[Michlib-l] Larry Martin "In Their Own Words" Program Success

Heather Wood-Gramza hwood-gramza at cityofzeeland.com
Mon Nov 8 12:09:45 EST 2021

Larry Martin visited the Howard Miller Library in Zeeland last Thursday evening to present the story of Fred Bahlau, a paratrooper from the 101st Airborne.  Fred has been gone for 5 years now, but his story and those of 124 other WWII veterans interviewed by Larry Martin lives on.  We had 35 people in a room that is designed to hold 150 people, so everyone was able to be socially distanced from one another.  While we met in person, I know that Larry has successfully presented virtual programs for several other libraries in Michigan.

This program was so well received by those in attendance.  In fact, many of those who participated are asking when we can have Larry return.  His knowledge of WWII and dedication to preserving first-person accounts for future generations is incredible.

I would highly recommend Larry for a future program at your library.

Heather Wood-Gramza
Director
Howard Miller Library and Community Center
14 S Church St, Zeeland, MI 49464

hwood-gramza at cityofzeeland.com
616.748.5901