[Michlib-l] Has your library changed from Dewey to BISAC?

Phil Skeltis pskeltis at cmpl.org
Fri Nov 19 11:30:55 EST 2021

Hello!

We are pondering the pros and cons of switching from Dewey to BISAC.  For those of you whose libraries have made the change to BISAC, I would love to hear your feedback!:

  *   How has BISAC impacted patron's usage of the library - do patrons like it?  Has it improved circulation?

  *   How has BISAC impacted staff?

I don't want to get too granular with my questions - any insights you can provide would be welcome.  Thanks!

Phil

Phil Skeltis, Librarian
Clinton-Macomb Public Library, North Branch
54100 Broughton Road
Macomb , MI 48042
Phone:  (586) 226-5089
pskeltis at cmpl.org<mailto:pskeltis at cmpl.org>