[Michlib-l] MI-83 TLC Kits FAQ's

Steven K. Bowers sbowers at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Nov 19 13:41:01 EST 2021

Hello MI Libraries! Below is a top 5 FAQ's about our current project to distribute materials statewide via the ARPA grant that we received.

TOP 5 FAQ's

1. When do we give the materials received back? If your library receives materials they are yours to keep for your library and the public.

2. Can I see the complete request form first? Yes. Attached! Including lists of what is in each kit. But you still must fill out the form online to make an official request.

3. What if I don't know how to use the kit materials? There will be some instructional how-to videos for distributed equipment during the project, after kits are distributed.

4. What is the timeline for the project? Requests are due December 13. The project (grant period) runs through September 2022. Libraries receiving materials will complete a usage survey in August 2022.

5. Should I apply? Yes! Don't overthink making a request. The form is rather simple and short and you can go back and forth in the pages to change your answers. If you goof it up we can assist. Even if you're not sure if your library qualifies you might as well take a couple of minutes and submit a request. We will let you know if there was an issue with your request.

-Steve

Steven K. Bowers
Executive Director
The Library Network