[Michlib-l] Job posting: Director at Brandon Library

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Fri Oct 8 15:37:51 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I have spent seven wonderful years at Brandon Library in Ortonville working
with an amazing staff, board, and community, but due to multiple family
health issues I am retiring as of 1/21/22.  I am proud to hand over the
reins of a financially stable organization to a new director who will take
our library to the next level.  Please share this post with any and all who
you think might appreciate this special opportunity!

Thank you,

Rebecca

Apply at indeed.com:
https://www.indeed.com/company/Brandon-Township-Public-Library/jobs/Library-Director-0c2fc83f69f2976e?fccid=f8b09165411a2d37&vjs=3

The Board of Trustees of the Brandon Township Public Library is seeking an
experienced, energetic, and creative director to continue to build on the
work of our retiring Director.  The Library is located in Brandon Township,
Michigan (pop. 15,175) and services the Township and the Brandon School
District.

Brandon Township, on the northern border of Oakland County, encompasses a
rural and small-town scene rich in tradition, including the Village of
Ortonville, with an active small business community, a vibrant school
district, seasonal festivals, a growing farmers market and many outdoor
recreation opportunities.  The Ortonville State Recreation area attracts
hikers, campers, anglers, hunters, and equestrians to its 5,400 acres of
lakes and trails.  An expanding Township Park is home to soccer and
baseball fields, a handicapped accessible winter sledding hill, and a paved
1/3-mile track along a tree library.

Our Class IV library is fortunate to have dedicated funding through a
perpetual millage; a professional, industrious staff; a healthy fund
balance; and a building that has been recently redecorated and renovated
with additional projects in process.

The current staff of 15 has weathered the recent pandemic with poise and
continues to develop new in-person and virtual programs, as well as
alternative delivery programs, to serve all age groups, including
preschoolers, students, teachers, readers, crafters, researchers, and job
seekers while keeping the doors open most of the government approved time.

The Library is dedicated to superior customer service to all patrons and to
being a critical resource to our community.

Position will remain open until filled.  Salary depending on experience.
Application should be offered through indeed.com.  Please include
additional pertinent information.

*Rebecca Higgerson*

Director

Brandon Twp Public Library

304 South Street

Ortonville MI 48462

248-627-1474

*ENGAGE • EDUCATE • ENRICH • EMPOWER*

*No Reservation Recommendations: your source for colleague-approved vendors
and programs!*

https://nrr.ninja/