[Michlib-l] Survey: Patrons and Conspiracy Theories

Katie Greer greer at oakland.edu
Fri Oct 15 13:48:27 EDT 2021

Hi all, please see below for details of a research study that a colleague
and I are conducting. This is a follow-up to our article "A call to action
for librarians: Countering conspiracy theories in the age of QAnon
<https://digitalrepository.unm.edu/ulls_fsp/174/>," and we hope to hear
from you!

______

You are invited to participate in a research survey about interactions with
patrons concerning conspiracy theories and related phenomena. Should you
choose to participate, we expect the survey to take 15-20 minutes to
complete.

Unless you choose to self-identify, your response will be completely
anonymous. You may request a summary of the survey results after
participating. Your involvement in the survey is voluntary, and you may
exit at any time.

The findings from this project will provide information on the needs of
librarians and other library staff when interacting with patrons who
exhibit conspiracy ideation. This research has been approved by Oakland
University's Office of IRB  (IRB-FY2021-410). If you have any questions,
concerns, or complaints about the research, please feel free to contact
CoPI's Katie Greer (greer at oakland.edu) and Stephanie Beene (sbeene at unm.edu).
The survey may be accessed at
https://oakland.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3WZODYQVIX3hH2m

--