[Michlib-l] Computer Help Request - New Computers Broke Amazon

Ted Gregory mackinaw1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:54:58 EDT 2021

Hello,

Recently the Mackinaw Area Public Library got some new computers (Dell
Inspiron 7000s running Windows 10) in our office. Today we tried to make an
Amazon order, and the box with the payment options didn't load with the
rest of the page. Through experimentation, we discovered that this problem
is 1) limited to the new computers (older models worked fine), and 2) not
browser-based (the problem persisted between Edge and Firefox). We've
fiddled with some settings, but nothing seems to have any effect.

If anybody has an idea about how to fix this, we would be grateful. Thanks,
--
Ted Gregory
Mackinaw Area Public Library
mackinaw1 at gmail.com