[Michlib-l] free online program, October 12, Michigan Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission

Jennifer Dye jdye at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Fri Sep 24 13:01:31 EDT 2021

DPL continues to partner with the League of Women Voters Detroit. The MICRC is finalizing the draft maps that will be published October 4. The public will be able to view and comment on drafts before the commission votes on November 5.

The MICRC is hosting 9 in-person regional public hearings to listen to comments on the commission's draft maps. On October 28, the commission will hold a public hearing in Detroit at the TCF Center. This session will cover the general process, as well as the draft maps for the Detroit area.

Tuesday, October 12
6:00-7:00 p.m.

Please register: https://dpl-redistricting-maps.eventbrite.com

I'd like to remind everyone that the Michigan League of Women Voters has been very pleased with this partnership, and has suggested that local chapters work with their local libraries. In particular, the league will hold similar information sessions before each region's public hearing. Check the league's website to find how to contact your local chapter: https://lwvmi.org/localLeague.html

Jennifer

P.S. I hope to have a pdf flyer soon. Please let me know if you would like me to send it to you so you can post.

Jennifer Dye
BST/SSER, Assistant Manager
Main Branch
Detroit Public Library