[Michlib-l] 2022 National Survey of E-rate Applicants

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Apr 13 13:55:02 EDT 2022

Funds For Learning is conducting our 12th nationwide survey of E-rate applicants.  The aggregate results will be presented to members of Congress and the FCC in July.

It is essential that national leaders hear directly from schools and libraries about their internet needs and the efficacy of the E-rate funding program. This year, the FCC is considering revamping the E-rate competitive bidding process

Last year, a total of 2,164 applicants participated in the survey, including 59 applicants in MI.

SURVEY SPECIFICS

This year it is even more important that applicants have a venue to share their feedback. Our goal is to gather 2,600 responses, including 59 from MI. A higher number of responses increases the statistical significance of the data.

  *   The survey consists of 34 primary questions, plus 6 more optional demographic items. It takes about 8 minutes to complete.
  *   The results are completely confidential. Only aggregate data is reported.
  *   Many questions have been repeated for several years in a row. This allows us to monitor trends from year-to-year.
  *   Funds For Learning does not market our services to respondents, individual responses are confidential.

The survey is available at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/22erate<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.com%2Fr%2F22erate&data=04%7C01%7CWhiteS29%40michigan.gov%7Cb9933c2d0bff4b0dd83508da1d73426d%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C637854678305613666%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0&sdata=9FUXV5BtQzkHKv1TGAtjxK8AaDHaqwgjdXgmgP1eYzk%3D&reserved=0>

I hope you will take a few minutes and complete it today.  Your feedback is very important.

Thank you!

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>

NOTE: Even though the survey results are being gathered by a consulting firm, the state does not endorse any specific E-rate consulting firm. The survey link is being shared because it is a convenient means for you to offer your opinion, along with other applicants, in a format with which the FCC is familiar. This email is not a statement for or against any E-rate consulting firm.