[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Madeline Boss

Natalie Nowak nnowak at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Wed Apr 13 10:48:38 EDT 2022

Good morning,

Last evening, our library hosted Detroit-based poet Madeline Boss. I reached out to her last year to personally invite her because I loved her first poetry collection. I was worried that she wouldn't want to make the drive, but she was eager and excited to come all the way to the UP! She spent the evening reading some poems, talking about her background and current life, explaining her writing process to us, giving tips on self-publication, leading a free write with the audience, and a Q&A at the end. I was very impressed with her and the audience loved her; I had several patrons come up to me at the end to thank me for bringing her here.

The program was well attended, and we had a wide age range in the audience, from middle schoolers to retirement age.

If you would like to contact her, her email is mb.prosepoems at gmail.com<mailto:mb.prosepoems at gmail.com>, her website is https://mbprosepoems.wixsite.com/website, and her two publications are entitled Sundered and Grandma and I: Wandering with Alzheimer's.

Please contact me if you have any questions!
Natalie Nowak
Please make note of my new email address: nnowak at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Marketing and Adult Programming
Bayliss Public Library