[Michlib-l] Setting up ReadSquared Participants the First Time

Peter Butts pbutts at threeriverslibrary.org
Thu Apr 21 14:10:04 EDT 2022

This is the first time we are trying an online summer reading program.
We are hoping the Read2ed app will be appealing enough that most of our families will enter themselves, but I want to make sure we are prepared for a number of traditional registrations and I want to develop a process that makes it as easy as possible for staff to add these users to ReadSquared.

I'm specifically wondering about the best way to register family groups. The video for registering participants -  https://www.readsquared.com/Training/2019/04_Staff/RegisteringParticipants.mp4
includes the steps for batch uploading  individuals, but it doesn't seem to include the family group link.

So, those of you who have done this before, which procedure makes the most sense:

A. Register families individually with the parent first, then individual children, or
B. Batch register individuals and then link them to the parents one by one.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Peter Butts, MLS
Children's Librarian,
Three Rivers Public Library