[Michlib-l] Michigan History Materials Free to Good Home

Jennifer Noble jnoble at adrian.lib.mi.us
Tue Apr 26 11:59:50 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I've been cleaning out our files recently and have come across some
Michigan history booklets that don't fit our collection's scope, but may
well be of use to other libraries! Please respond to me off-list with the
items you'd like and your RIDES code, and I'll get them sent out as soon as
I can.

   - *Michigan Authors*, edited by Rachel M. Hilbert (1960)
   - *The Man with the Branded Hand: The Story of Captain Jonathan Walker *
   (n.d.)
   - *John Allen and the Founding of Ann Arbor *by Russell E. Bidlack (1962)
   - *Earl D. Babst: A Good Friend of History *(1967)
   - *F. Clever Bald, 1897-1970*
   - *Andrew Dickson White: Teacher of History *by Ruth Bordin (1958)
   - *Pilgrimage Through Historic - Scenic Baragaland *brochure by the
   Bishop Baraga Association (n.d.)
   - *Frank Murphy in World War I *by Sidney Fine (1968)
   - *James Kerr Pollock: His Life and Letters *by Dennis Anderson (1972)
   - *Promise & Performance: The Political Record of a Michigan Governor *by
   Vernon L. Beal (1950)
   - *Arthur H. Vandenberg: His Career and Legacy *(1975)
   - *Chase Salmon Osborn, 1860-1949 *by Robert M. Warner (1960)
   - *Cadillac and Early Detroit*, a bibliography compiled by the Detroit
   Public Library (1912)
   - *In the Footsteps of Cadillac *by C. M. Burton (1899)
   - *Douglass Houghton: Michigan's First State Geologist, 1837-1845 *by
   Helen Wallin (1970)
   - *Palmer Hartsough: Singing School Teacher, Michigan Song Writer, and
   Minister *by Henry O. Severance (1937)
   - Huron County Building Dedication program (June 1, 1968)
   - Warren, Center Line, and Sterling Heights informational brochure
   created by the Metropolitan Warren Chamber of Commerce (1971)
   - *Documents Relating to the Erection of Wayne County and Michigan
   Territory*, prepared by the Burton Historical Collection of the Detroit
   Public Library (1922-23)
   - Charlevoix County Homecoming Historical Program (1935)
   - *Welcome to Bay Country *brochure created by the Bay Area Chamber of
   Commerce (1974)
   - *Hillsdale County, Michigan* brochure created by Hillsdale County
   Industrial Development Commission (n.d. - probably the 1970s?)
   - *Family Trails *publication from the State Board of Education/Bureau
   of Library Services, vol. 2. no. 2 (Spring 1969)
   - Photograph of L. P. Reynolds of Hillsdale with handwritten note saying
   he was "A Vice Pres. of Pioneer Society of Hillsdale in 1876."

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have about these items! They're
all in fairly decent condition.

Cheers,
Jen
--
Jennifer Noble (she/her/hers) - (Why do I list these?)
<https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her>
jnoble at adrian.lib.mi.us
(517) 265-2265