[Michlib-l] Job Opening: Ecorse Public Library Director

Alice Howard ahoward at ecorse.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 2 09:54:31 EDT 2022

The Ecorse Public Library is hiring a new director, for a unique and exciting opportunity!

The library is located in the heart of the City of Ecorse, Michigan, the eastern border of which is formed by the beautiful Detroit River. The library is a short walk away from the John D. Dingell riverfront park, where Storytime and other library events are enjoyed by our community. Our attractive Mid-Century style building is currently getting an extensive makeover to modernize facilities and our residents are eagerly awaiting its reopening. The library is part of The Library Network, with access to approximately 5 million library items in our shared library catalog. Library users can request these materials for free delivery to the library. The library also provides online access to our Overdrive ebook collection and other database resources.

We are currently looking for a new library director to lead Ecorse Public Library into the future. With a service population of just under 10,000 residents, EPL is a Class 3 library in Michigan. The library is established under Michigan law as a PA 164, Section 1, City Library, with an appointed governing Board of Trustees. The city has authorized a non-voted millage of 1 mil, and an additional voted millage of .25 is also currently in place. This position supervises one full time librarian, and two part time library clerks.

Please forward any questions to Alice Howard, [ mailto:ahoward at ecorse.lib.mi.us | ahoward at ecorse.lib.mi.us ] .

To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Alice Howard, [ mailto:ahoward at ecorse.lib.mi.is | ahoward at ecorse.lib.mi.us ]

Alice Howard (she/her)
Librarian and Programming Coordinator