[Michlib-l] free registration available to libraries for College Bound Michigan

Katie Wittenauer katie at micollegeaccess.org
Mon Aug 8 12:21:45 EDT 2022

Good afternoon, Michigan library community,

I'm writing from Michigan College Access Network
<https://micollegeaccess.org/> to share details about the 2022-23
cycle of College
Bound Michigan (CBMI) <https://micollegeaccess.org/initiatives/cbmi>, our
statewide program that helps community leaders, educators, school
counselors, and college advisers create systems and practices that connect
all students with the opportunity for formal education beyond high school,
including postsecondary certificates and academic degrees.

*If you currently (or have the ability to) work with high school seniors in
a direct programming capacity, you are eligible for this free program. *

CBMI brings together all of the statewide initiatives — Michigan College
Month <https://micollegeaccess.org/initiatives/cbmi/college-month>, College
Cash Campaign <https://micollegeaccess.org/initiatives/cbmi/cash>, and College
Decision Day <https://micollegeaccess.org/initiatives/cbmi/decision-day> —
into one campaign to help bring Michigan closer to Sixty by 30.

As a CBMI Host Site, you will have access to:

   - Exclusive grant opportunities
   - Promotional materials
   - Student-facing, grab-and-go resources
   - Counselor/adviser/coordinator-facing toolkits and implementation guides
   - Professional development opportunities

This is the first time we're opening CBMI up to community organizations, so
we will be working to adapt some of our resources to be applicable to a
larger group of organizations. We will be intentionally creating
library-specific resources for CBMI and will welcome all feedback on that.

Registration will remain open for schools and community-based organizations
through the fall, but signing up now ensures timely delivery of resources
and helps us determine the best ways to support participating sites. An
online application is available here
<https://mcan.smapply.org/prog/cbmi2223/>.

*As you are applying, please note that the application is still very
school-centric, but you can fill out what is applicable to you and put N/A
for anything that isn't (for example, the school B-code). If you have any
questions as you complete the application, contact Kiersten Nolan
<https://micollegeaccess.org/staff/kiersten-nolan>, strategy assistant for
high school innovation.*

Thank you, and have a great week!

Best,