[Michlib-l] Library of Things - requests for input

Dominic McLaughlin dominic.mclaughlin at gmx.com
Thu Aug 25 13:24:25 EDT 2022

Good afternoon, everyone.

We're looking into the possibility of a Library of Things collection.
Reports I have read over the years referred to seed libraries, tools,
kitchen odds and ends (e.g. cake pans), some consumer tech (e.g.
VHS-to-DVD converters), board games, and other things.

We are reaching out to get evaluations of several aspects: different
types of items for checkout, what items are "best-sellers", pros and
cons, any "messy" aspects (e.g. cleaning the library-issued cake pans
upon their return by patrons or keeping track of all game pieces in a
circulating board game).

Feel free to email me directly (dominic at romeodistrictlibrary); I would
be happy to share a compilation after some time of gathering any replies.

Most sincerely,
Dominic McLaughlin
Technology Services Librarian/Adult Services
Romeo District Library