[Michlib-l] E-mail Hosting question

Angela Semifero somedayangeline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:35:02 EST 2022

Hello Michigan Library Friends,

We have been working with Gmail/Google Workspace for free for more than a
decade. (I know we have been lucky.)  We were recently informed that things
would be changing in May 2022 and we would be moved to one of Gmail's
business plans.  I have a couple of questions for your collective mind:

1. Do any of you have a contact for Google for government use who can
answer some questions for us? Our Head of IT has not had much luck in
asking questions through the main sales contacts.

2. What do you currently use for email hosting? Does it include anything
that allows for collaborative documents and calendars like G-suite?

We are still considering Google with new pricing but we are curious about
what other libraries are using.

Please reply off-list to semiferoa at yourmdl.org.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,