[Michlib-l] Board Meeting - remote attendance by community members ADA

Andrea Ingmire aing at pwpl.info
Mon Feb 14 15:23:44 EST 2022

Hi all,
After Friday's Director Meeting and discussion about the OMA being subject to an ADA request for accommodation, I'm faced with just such a request from our community for remote attendance at our meeting tomorrow night. I have a whole host of questions for our lawyer, including how to handle the certification of an ADA disability for a community member. But doubtful I'll get a response back in time for this meeting...so I'm erring on the side of accommodating even when it might not be strictly "required."  We'll be better prepared for March's meeting.

I'm wondering if this is a one off situation, or a portent of things to come. Thus, my questions for you all:
~ Any libraries still broadcasting their board meetings live? We've been posting audio recordings of our meetings since we stopped meeting via zoom this summer.
~ If you are streaming live, what equipment are you using? How is the patron able to interact with the board?

As always,
Thanks for your responses!
Andrea
[logo-blue -building]