[Michlib-l] Recommendations for Web Design With Emphasis on Accessibility

Scott Morey smorey at tadl.org
Fri Feb 18 09:40:18 EST 2022

Good morning and happy Friday to all you beautiful people in library land!

We (at Traverse Area District Library) are looking for a firm to assist us
in designing a new website and are curious if anyone in the Michigan
library community had any recommendations on this front.

One of our primary objectives in this effort is to improve
site accessibility, so we have particular interest in firms with experience
ensuring sites can easily be navigated via screen readers, have the right
level of contrast for those with low vision, and can be translated into
multiple languages. We also would like to partner with a firm that has
experience in working with public libraries and has an understanding of our
particular needs and integration points.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have an excellent day!

Cheers,

Scott W. Morey
he/him/his