[Michlib-l] [EXT] Re: Assistant Director hourly wage in a Class 3 library

Christian Dunham christian at vassarlibrary.org
Fri Feb 25 11:03:24 EST 2022

Looking at the toolkit, they were using the Bureau of Labor Statistics
calculator ( https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm )to make
adjustments from when this toolkit was released. That figure today is
$17.32.

I don't know how many Class III and/or rural libraries (myself) can
start at that amount.

---
Christian Dunham | Director
Bullard Sanford Memorial Library
facebook.com/vassarlibrary
vassarlibrary.org
989-823-2171

On 2022-02-24 12:34, Rebecca Daly via Michlib-l wrote:

> Agreed Anne, the minimum recommended wage for ANY library staff member
> is $13 (per ALA Better Salaries). Sincerely, Rebecca
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 12:18 PM Anne Oyerly via Michlib-l
> <michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>
> How are the first three lines' minimum rates even possible?
>
> Minimum wage in Michigan is now $9.87!
>
> Anne E Oyerly
>
> Special Collections Manager & Facilities Coordinator
>
> James White Library
>
> Andrews University
>
> (269) 471-6117
>
> ZF001

Rebecca R. Daly, MLIS

Head Librarian

she/her

Office: 906-487-7253

Maki Library, Wargalin Hall

601 Quincy St

Hancock, MI 49930

RIDES CODE: zf007

Learn More about our 125th Anniversary at FINLANDIA.EDU/125TH [3]

Library Slideshow at Finlandia.edu/library/ [4]