[Michlib-l] [EXT] Re: Assistant Director hourly wage in a Class 3 library

AD Jeffrey Babbitt dorjb at llcoop.org
Fri Feb 25 11:16:38 EST 2022

For many of us, due to communities and governing municipalities hesitant to see the value of our staff and compensate at a rational rate, there will be a profound difference between what staff deserve and what they get. Part of a director's job is to advocate for the staff and to try through the budgeting process to find funds to support fair compensation. But, yeah, a lot of us small and rural libraries are hard pressed to do this. We do what we can with what we have.

Jeffrey Babbitt, MLIS
Director
Dorr Township Library
1804 Sunset Dr.