[Michlib-l] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: ALL KPL LOCATIONS WILL PROVIDE CURBSIDE-ONLY SERVICE BEGINNING JANUARY 5

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Mon Jan 3 16:31:58 EST 2022

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 3, 2022

CONTACT:
Farrell Howe | Marketing & Communications Manager
269-553-7879

All KPL Locations Will Provide Curbside-Only Service Beginning Wednesday, January 5
All Locations Will Be Closed January 4 to Prepare for Curbside Service

Kalamazoo, MI–Monday, January 3, 2022. Due to the rapidly increasing number<https://www.kalcounty.com/hcs/datahub/covid19.php> of positive cases of COVID-19 in Kalamazoo and surrounding Michigan communities, Kalamazoo Public Library is prioritizing the health and safety of our patrons and staff and will be offering curbside service<http://www.kpl.gov/curbside> only at all five locations<http://www.kpl.gov/hours> beginning Wednesday, January 5.

What You Need To Know

  *   All KPL locations will be closed on Tuesday, January 4 to prepare for curbside service.
  *   All KPL locations will reopen with curbside-only service on Wednesday, January 5. All KPL buildings will be closed to in-person access and services until further notice. Public restrooms, printing, copying, and faxing services will not be available.
  *   Curbside service will be offered at all five KPL locations (beginning January 4) during the following hours:
     *   Central<http://www.kpl.gov/cen> | Monday–Thursday, 10 am–6 pm, Friday & Saturday 10 am–5 pm, Sunday 1–5 pm
     *   Oshtemo<http://www.kpl.gov/osh> | Monday–Thursday, 10 am–6 pm, Friday & Saturday 10 am–5 pm, Closed Sundays
     *   Alma Powell<http://www.kpl.gov/pow>, Eastwood<http://www.kpl.gov/eas>, and Washington Square<http://www.kpl.gov/wsq> | Monday–Thursday, 1–6 pm, Friday 1–5 pm, Saturday, 10 am–2 pm, Closed Sundays

What Will Be Available
While all KPL buildings will be closed to in-person services, many library services will still be offered at all five locations including:

  *   Place holds and pick up materials via curbside<http://www.kpl.gov/curbside> service.
  *   24-hour access to KPL’s online branch, kpl.gov<http://www.kpl.gov/> where patrons can access KPL’s digital collections<https://www.kpl.gov/digital-catalog/>, watch videos on KPL TV<http://www.kpl.gov/kpltv>, listen to KPL’s new podcast 5 Author Questions<http://www.kpl.gov/podcasts> and stay updated on the latest KPL news<https://www.kpl.gov/category/about/news/>.
  *   Online programs for all ages will continue to be provided; check out KPL’s calendar at gov/events<http://www.kpl.gov/events>.
  *   Check out a Chromebook<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/check-out-a-chromebook/> and/or hotspot<https://www.kpl.gov/catalog/item/?i=ent://SD_ILS/0/SD_ILS:1761053> and pick up via curbside service at any KPL location.
  *   Library of Things<http://www.kpl.gov/things> will be available for curbside service.
  *   Readers Advisory: Are you interested in trying a new author or genre and don’t know where to start? Do you want to provide your child or teen with the latest new releases but don’t know what to look for? Get the help you need via Readers Advisory! Call (269) 553-7800 or contact us via online chat<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/ask-a-librarian/>.
  *   Ask a Librarian online chat<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/ask-a-librarian/>. Contact us online via open hours for quick assistance.
  *   Need tax forms<https://www.kpl.gov/patron-support/resources/tax-info/tax-information/> or divorce packets<https://www.kpl.gov/law-library/divorce-packets/>? No problem! Pick-up via curbside service is available at all KPL locations. Just request one when you arrive at your preferred KPL curbside location.
  *   Looking for an obituary, historical photographs, or articles? Contact our Local History department<https://www.kpl.gov/category/local-history/genealogy/obituary-and-article-requests/>!
  *   Can’t pick up your materials via curbside service? No problem! Check out our ViaMail<https://www.kpl.gov/category/patron-support/resources/viamail/> service to see if you qualify.

Kalamazoo Public Library appreciates the community’s continued patience, understanding, and support of our efforts to keep our patrons and staff safe. We will reassess the COVID numbers in our area in 2 weeks to determine when it will be safe to reopen our locations to in-person services.

####

Farrell Howe | Marketing & Communications Manager
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Kalamazoo Public Library | CEN
315 S. Rose St. | Kalamazoo, MI, 49007
(269) 553-7879
[Kalamazoo Public Library]<https://www.kpl.gov/>
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/KalamazooPublicLibrary/> [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/kzoolibrary/?hl=en>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/KzooLibrary?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>  [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYzLAHao4uPeBV-peFrUxQ>