[Michlib-l] [Job Opportunity] Adult Services Page

BTPL Careers careers at btpl.org
Wed Jan 12 10:38:31 EST 2022

Greetings, All--

Attached is our posting for an Adult Services Page position.

POSITION TITLE:                   Adult Services Page

DEPARTMENT:                      Adult Services, reporting to Assistant Department Head

HOURS:
Part-time, year-round, approximately 12-15 hours weekly, including evenings and weekends.

WAGE & BENEFITS:
$10.10 per hour with increase possible upon successful completion of three-month orientation period.

REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM:

  *   Able to lift, bend, and stoop to shelve materials
  *   Able to push or pull carts weighing at least 20 pounds
  *   Desire to serve the public in a positive manner
  *   Able to visually review materials and discern vocal and audible tones
  *   Computer/keyboard experience

DESIRABLE:

  *   Public library work experience

RESPONSIBILITIES:
DIRECT PUBLIC SERVICE:

  *   Provides positive, pleasant professional services to staff and public
  *   Directs patrons to appropriate staff for assistance
  *   Retrieves materials for patrons and staff

INDIRECT PUBLIC SERVICE:

  *   Sorts and shelves materials in a timely manner
  *   Reads shelves to ensure accurate order so that materials can be found by patrons
  *   Follows direction of supervisor
  *   Assists in opening or closing of library
  *   Assists department staff before and after programs when needed
  *   Performs special assignments or duties as needed

More details on our website (see below signature)

Best Regards,
Linden Godlove
Administrative Assistant
Bloomfield Township Public Library